Breaking News

Noel, Bigger Than Elvis















Oasis frontman Noel Gallagher hit out at identikit politicians tonight as he boasted he could be "bigger than Elvis" as a solo artist.

The rocker said he didn't expect Britain to get any better if Gordon Brown became the next Prime Minister because he was no different from David Cameron.

And he said the media had made Tony Blair into a "president", adding: "It's no wonder he acts like one."

Interviewed by BBC Two's Newsnight as his band received a Brit Award for its Outstanding Contribution, Noel said there was nothing left to vote for.

"David Cameron is no different from Tony Blair, and Gordon Brown is no different from David Cameron.

"So I don't really think there's anything left to vote for. That's why people don't vote."

Noel said he preferred to stay in a band rather than go solo, but left no doubt he felt he would be a great success on his own.

"Maybe for all the money in the world but you know... I wouldn't do it by choice.

"I could do it easily but if I was a solo artist I would be the biggest solo artist in the country easy, no messing, within a year... seriously... but I prefer being in a band.

"But don't ever think that I couldn't do it. I could. I'd be bigger than Elvis. I would."

Source: www.metro.co.uk

No comments