Breaking News

Glasto: "We Definitely Want Noel"














The licence is sorted, festival sold out - now Michael Eavis is taking the Oasis man up on his offer to play this year's bash

Michael Eavis has promised to call Noel Gallagher after the Oasis guitarist asked to play the Glastonbury festival. Speaking in last week's NME (march 31), he declared he would like to bring his acoustic solo show to this year's bash and hoped that, bu telling NME, the festival chief would give him a bell.

He said: "Glastonbury's acoustic tent sounds nice. Do us a favour - stick that in and Mr Eavis will give me a call."

Well, it's been a busy week for Michael. Last Tuesday (March 27) the festival was granted a licence to take place by Mendip District Council and then on Sunday (April 1) festival tickets went onsale and were all snapped up by eager fans in hours.

And despite experiencing a hectic few days, Michael and his daughter, co-organiser Emily, insist they'll now take Noel up on his offer.

"We definitely want Noel!" declared Emily, who encouraged Michael to ring him.

"I don't know whether to phone Noel or not, that's the thing. Has he still got the same phone number?" asked the farmer.

"I've got his mobile number, so I should phone him, should I? I will do then, but if he tells me to get lost it will be NME's fault!

Source: NME

No comments