Breaking News

Inside This Months Uncut Magazine




















Liam Gallagher On Recording 'Carnation'

'The Jam are alright, but I was to young for them. I Like Weller now. Oasis were in Sweeden, I think, with Ocean Colour Scene, and we were pissed speaking about The Jam and Mods, so I went 'Carnation' is the best tune," and Steve Craddock goes, 'Oh, Id love to do a cover of it one day". So he went away and done his version and sent me the tape.'

He goes 'Do you want to sing on that?" I was going 'Oh,Fuck that," So I kept ignoring his calls and Patsy is going 'Ring him back'

"Im going, "No I can't sing with anyone else, I've never done it before." I got My shit together and I went Down to Primal Screams studio and we done it in the afternoon.

"I was gonna do Top Of The Pops and all that, cos I thought "Why Not?" And then I thought , It's a good song, Im well happy with it's better than anything else around at the moment."

If it had gone in at No 1, great, but I get No 1's with Oasis... I'd have Been disapointed if it had'nt got in the Top 10

Source: Uncut

The song got to #6 in the UK charts on it's release, click here to watch the video for the track.

No comments