Breaking News

Tributes To Tony Wilson




















Alan McGee
"He was a complete inspiration. He was one of the great spotters of music talent. Factory Records was the template for every indie label."

Ian Brown
"Few have done so much for the city of Manchester and independent music. Thanks to Tony Wilson for all the help he gave to the music makers of Manchester."

Shaun Ryder
"I was f**king gutted when I heard the news. I loved Tony. RIP mate."

Tim Burgess, The Charlatans
"I feel like when Joe Strummer died. it's like losing a musical dad."

Peter Hook, New Order
"It's a very, sad day. It's like my father dying all over again. I'm devastated. My heart is broken. Say hello to Rob, Ian and Martin for me please Tony."

Stephen Morris, New Order
"We definitely wouldn't have become what we did without him. So many other things wouldn't have become what they are. Manchester wouldn't have become what it is without him. Apparently the Town Hall's had it's flag at half-mast - that says something about what he meant."

Source: NME Magazine

The service will take place at the Hidden Gem Church , Manchester Today at 2pm, and will be open to family and close friends via invitation only.

Click here to vote for us at the BT Music Awards

No comments