Breaking News

Johnny Depp Started His Music Career By Stealing




















Hollywood actor Johnny Depp has revealed that he stole a guitar chord book as a child because he wanted to learn to play the instrument.

It was a Mel Bay book that he stole, Depp says.

“When I was 12, I talked my mom into picking up a Decca electric guitar for me for 25 dollars. The first thing I did was steal a Mel Bay chord book. I went to this store, stuffed it down my pants and walked out, Contactmusic quoted him as telling Rolling Stone magazine.

“It had pictures - that’s why I needed it so badly, because it was immediate gratification. If I could match those photographs, then I was golden. I conquered it in days,” he recalled.

Depp has performed on Oasis and Shane MACGowan records, besides featuring in bands like The Kids and P.

“The Oasis stuff was fun… I enjoyed playing slide on what was it called? Fade In-Out, he said.

“I was playing a guitar that had some strange tuning, and I didn’t know the chords to the song. So, looking back, it was sort of miraculous that I was able to stay on key,” he added.

The Pirates of the Caribbean star has also been appreciated a lot for playing singing barber Sweeney Todd in Tim Burton’s dark new musical.

Source: www.thaindian.com

Click here for information on how to win some rare Oasis promos...

No comments