Breaking News

Oasis Noel Gallgher Hails Paul Weller's 'Brave' New Album















Guitarist backs Modfather for bucking music industry trends

Oasis leader Noel Gallagher has declared that Paul Weller is brave to buck current music trends and release a double album.

The former Jam frontman's new release '22 Dreams' is a double record, which includes a guest spot from the guitarist on it.

Speaking to BBC 6Music's Music Week show, Gallagher expressed his admiration for Weller's decision to make the album a double disc release.

“It’s easily his best one since 'Heavy Soul'. I think it’s a really brave decision to make a double album in the year that the music business is shrinking, he’s expanding," declared the Oasis man. "I think it’s really really good, really enjoyable. I find him inspirational as a character.”

Weller himself added that not only was he prepared to buck music industry trends, he was also against the idea of giving away music for free.

“I’d like to charge people double the price for my record if I could, don’t know if I’d get away with it!" he joked. "I’m not having it [free music]. It lessens the art, cheapens the art. Why shouldn’t an artist be paid for the work he’s doing? It’s not for free.”

The full interview can be heard at 1pm (BST) tomorrow (June 1) on BBC 6Music, go to www.bbc.co.uk/6music for more information.

Source: www.nme.com

2 comments

Anonymous said...

thanks for the heads up :)

Anonymous said...

The album is superb