Breaking News

The Best Thing I've Heard All Year















The stars pick their best tracks of 2008

Noel & Liam Gallagher

Noel: The MGMT album, Oracular Spectacular. The video for 'Time To Pretend' was great. All the stuff about moving to Paris to shag supermodels and do heroin - not to condone heroin - it's like they want to own a Boeing 747 and be Led Zeppelin. Not plant trees at the local rabbit sanctuary. The Verve's single 'Love Is Noise', is the best thing they've ever done.

And Weller's album 22 Dreams! He takes such pride in what he does. He means it from the moment he gets up - it's scary. I was in the studio when some of it was recorded, and musically he does stuff I don't understand. It was mental. he and Steve Cradock talk in catchphrases. The only way anything makes sense is to get absolutely f**king arseholed.

Liam: The last album I bought was Duffy's Rockferry. That song 'Mercy', was alright. I like the Weller one; 'Push It Along' is a great tune.

I like The Last Shadow Puppets' album but it feels a bit grown-up.They're two young lads, but they look like little old men in Polo necks playing guitar, staring into each other's eyes like a couple of old farts. F*ck Off! I thought you were both in bands, anyway. Some of the tunes are all right.

Source: Mojo Magazine (This Months Mogo Magazine Goes Behind The Scenes With Oasis In Stores Now.)

No comments