Breaking News

My Hooligan Days, By Noel Gallagher











Noel Gallagher has revealed he used to kick about with footie hooligans when he was on the dole in Manchester.

The diehard Man City fan confessed that he often found himself at away games with the feared Mayne Line Crew, Under-5s and Young Guvnors in the Eighties.

He said: “I knew all that lot and I still see a few of them today. They were quite mad times. Half of us were on the dole. The grounds we used to go to 20 years ago were dangerous, especially night games at Leeds and places like that, and wondering whether or not you’d make it home in one piece.”

But Noel reckons the experience might have played a part in his decision to become a rock ’n’ roll star.

He said: “I did start a song in the Kippax (a stand at City’s old Maine Road ground) when I’d had a drink. Probably something like, ‘Everywhere we go’ or similar and everyone joined in.

“So maybe the first seeds of my songwriting career were sown at the back of the Kippax.”

Noel also holds his hands up for forgetting the date of the first game he saw.

He said: “I’d got it in my head it was 1971 when we beat Newcastle 5-1 at Maine Road but I’ve recently looked that game up and it was actually 1975.”

Back when telly was in black and white.

Source: www.thesun.co.uk

No comments