Breaking News

Keane Want To Bury The Hatchet With Oasis



Keane want to bury the hatchet with old foes Oasis by working together.

I caught up with Perfect Symmetry trio Tom Chaplin, 30, Tim Rice Oxley, 32, and Richard Hughes, 33, ahead of their headline slot at the Virgin Media V Festival in Chelmsford.

Singer Tom admitted he was stunned Oasis pulled out of performing because Liam Gallagher, 36, has laryngitis.

He told me: “It’s a bit worrying about Liam, as getting any kind of infection kills your voice immediately.

“If I get a cold that does it for me, but laryngitis is horrible so I wish him well.

“I’m not sure it would be the best idea to send a bunch of flowers.”

Noel Gallagher, 42, has been vocal about his dislike of the Battle boys, previously declaring: “No matter what direction Keane take, they’ll still be sh*t.”

But Tom wants to move on. He said: “I often wonder if Noel is almost resisting the truth that Keane and Oasis are alike in a lot of respects.

“I think we share a lot of fans. We are both bands of the people.

“People love coming to a Keane show and an Oasis show because there’s a directness to the songs and people come together in a very communal way.”

Despite joking during their Absolute Radio VIP secret stage session that Wonderwall wasn’t worth covering, Tom would consider a collaboration.

Tom, 30, said: “It would be great for Noel to produce us – I offer the olive branch. We’re huge fans.

“Whenever I go abroad people ask me what is so great about British music – and it’s that there’s room for everybody.”

Hear hear.

Source: www.dailystar.co.uk

No comments