Breaking News

Dylan Moran: 'Oasis Were Boring'



Dylan Moran has said that Oasis were always a boring band.

The stand-up comedian told The Quietus that he much prefers the Arctic Monkeys to the now-split Manchester group.

Moran said: "The Arctic Monkeys are very witty. It's a banging tune with funny lyrics and they're having a whale of a time. What more do you want? Why does it have to be an apocalypse?

"Oasis were boring the first time around. It's reconstituted from a f**king 60s compilation. It's music for people whose idea of a good time is roaring your lungs, never remembering anything you did yesterday and trying to pick out pieces of chicken tikka masala out of your pubes."

He added of his tastes as a teenager: "I was very into New Order, Joy Division, all of that when I was younger. I had a lot of bootlegs that I saved up my pocket money to buy.

"I had all the obscure early EPs. I did throw a lot of eggs into one basket, as you do in your teenage years - 'I am buying THESE records, I am wearing THIS'. I did quite a bit of that. You have to do it, wear your stupid shoes, wear your stupid hair."

Source: www.digitalspy.co.uk

Win a limited edition 'Pretty Green' goody bag, click here for more details.

No comments