Breaking News

Alan McGee Has A Big Interest In Following Liam & Noel Gallagher In 2010

















Excerpt from Alan McGee Interview on Zani.com

A new year is upon us and an atmosphere of optimism is certainly in the air. No surprise since 2009 was certainly a depressing year for many. While it may have been a year of economic disaster, with the recession weighing heavily on everyone’s minds, for many it was also a year of famine with regards to quality music, with the X-Factor 'refuse' still dominating the charts and the apparent demise of live music and raw new talent. Now, with a new year dawning, many look to a brighter future.

With this in mind ZANI caught up with Alan McGee to discuss what his plans are for the year, his perspective on nostalgia, technology, ZANI and the future for Britain’s music scene.

ZANI – Happy New Year Alan
Alan McGee – Happy New Year.

ZANI – So tell us about your new projects for 2010
Alan McGee- There is a lot. Let’s talk about Death Disco, Greasy Lips, Too Cool To Young, Svengali and ZANI.

ZANI – OK before we talk about that, how’s this year gone?
Alan McGee – I have developed a real interest in seeing live bands again, and a big interest in established bands, but if I was being incredibly honest, the only bands that I have interest is, the Gallagher’s and Glasvegas. Not being horrible about any other bands, I am just interested in what Noel is doing and what James Allen is doing, and see what Liam comes up with. But other then that, it is really about new bands. Because seeing Agile Beast, Violet May, on my club nights with Jamie Jam and Danny Watson, you hear so much new music, and the same goes with ZANI and Too Cool To Die.

All the kids-no not kids-all the musicians do send me new music and I do listen to it , but there is a filter to what bands I listen to because it vaguely has to come through somebody I vaguely know, either mates or some I respect. But there has to be a filter.

At the moment there seems to be a lot of demand for me to DJ at these new band nights, so I am seeing all the good new talent that is coming through. But Death Disco has always been like that, and Greasy Lips seems to be evolving.

For the rest of the interview click here

No comments