Breaking News

Liam Gallagher: "My Post-Oasis Album Will Be Out By July"

















Plus singer regrets the band's 'poor' workrate...

Liam Gallagher's new band are aiming to release an album by July.

The singer says that his new group – featuring former Oasis bandmates Andy Bell and Gem Archer – had eight songs, and are aiming to head into the studio soon.

"A lot of these songs I wrote before the band [Oasis] split up," Gallagher told XFM. "I mean, there's a few new ones on there that are coming out now."

He added: "We're going in [the studio] in April with a producer, we're going to do three songs with him and if he doesn't balls it up and we don't balls it up then we'll go in and do the whole album with him."

Gallagher suggested he was keen to get on with the new, still nameless group - saying he regretted the fact that Oasis only made seven albums in the 16 years they had a record deal. He called the amount of music Oasis' put out in their career "poor", and chastised the band for taking so long to produce new material.

"Seven albums for Oasis is not good, I don't think. We've been going 18 years, 16 years or whatever and all we've done is seven albums. Ian Brown's on his seventh solo album. I just think it's poor, really," Gallagher said.

"I'm not going to beat myself up about it, I think we should have made better, bigger albums. Or more albums. Having like four or five years off is just no good," he added. "Obviously Noel (Gallagher) wanted a bit of time off and we don't. The band split in August – we was in the studio in November 'cos we're mad for it."

Elsewhere in the interview, Gallagher said he wants to appear on 'I'm A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here or Total Wipeout – but only if no other contestants are involved.

"I'd like to do all that shit," he said, before adding that Total Wipeout is his favourite reality TV programme of the moment. "They do it in Argentina. I'd love to do it on my jaxy, with no one about."

Source: www.nme.com

Vote for '(What's The Story) Morning Glory?' for 'BRITs Album of 30 Years' HERE!

1 comment

Anonymous said...

"The band split in August – we was in the studio in November 'cos we're mad for it."

I totally agree with Liam! I have never understood why they took so long between the albums and tours. Fuck Noel for that. It's the only thing I don't like about him (yes, it IS his fault).

I love your attitude, Liam. Always has B)