Breaking News

Russell Brand 'Inspired' By Noel Gallagher

















It may not be the most flattering homage, but Russell Brand has said his portrayal of the arrogant, wild and obnoxious rocker Aldous Snow in new flick was inspired by his friend Noel Gallagher.

Speaking to ShortList Magazine, Brand said of his Oasis front man pal: "He tells you stories and you think, 'Oh my God, you decadent lunatics.'

"Tales of when there was still money in the music industry and they were all carrying on. So there are no direct references, but Noel is someone I have in mind. Mostly because Noel Gallagher doesn't care.

"Most people say, 'Oh I don't care what people think about me.' He actually doesn't. You're like, 'Don't say that! You'll ruin everything you've worked for,' and he's like, 'Don't f*cking care, say what I want.'

"The way he sees it, as long as he can play guitar, people will always give him 10 quid and he'll be all right."

However, when asked if he’d made use of any other Gallagher characteristics, Brand explained: "No, just the attitude. Because if I nicked some personal anecdote from Noel's life about robbing houses in Greater Manchester I don't see how that would have helped the plot, to be honest."

The comedian also confessed he would love to be a real life rock star: "Yeah, it was like sanctioning a part of yourself you're always embarrassed about.

“Part of you thinks, 'I could be a rock star, couldn't I? Let me prove that by dancing along to Deep Purple.'

"It sanctions that kind of conduct, which normally takes place in bathrooms, like all good masturbation should.

"But it felt good, it was a good exercise for me."

Read the full interview in ShortList Magazine, out on Thursday.

Source: www.mirror.co.uk

'Time Flies... 1994-2009' is out now for more details click here.

No comments