Breaking News

Keane 'Put One Over' Noel Gallagher













Keane loved ''putting one over'' Noel Gallagher at the Q Awards, by beating him to win the trophy for Best Video.

The indie band beat the High Flying Birds musician to the Best Video gong for their track 'Disconnected' at Q magazine's annual awards this afternoon (22.10.12) and enjoyed beating their rival.

Singer Tom Chaplin told BANG Showbiz: ''It's always good to put one over Noel. Although I think secretly he loves us! Although I don't think these events should be competitive really.''

Tom - who is in the band with Tim Rice-Oxley, Richard Hughes and Jesse Quin - also admitted he had put some thought into his acceptance speech beforehand, although he promptly forgot what he wanted to say when it came to it.

He added: ''Q is one of the few magazines left that has real artistic integrity. It's nice that they've nominated us as part of that.

''Inevitably I think about what I might say. My brain throws up lots of ridiculous things that I'm going to say and then when I get there they all go out of my head.''

Also at the awards, Blur, Plan B, Johnny Marr, Underworld and many more also picked up awards.

Source: www.contactmusic.com

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds have released International Magic Live At The O2 DVD through Sour Mash Records.

They will embark on a number European dates before they tour the US and Canada alongside Snow Patrol and Jake Bugg.

For details on the above and more click here.

No comments