Breaking News

Beady Eye To Appear On The X Factor





The former Oasis frontman claimed today's popstars aren't a patch on him as he made the X Factor revelation at band's new album playback party.

Liam Gallagher claims his band are to appear on The X Factor – the show he branded “annoying”.

The ex-Oasis frontman told us: “We’re doing X Factor, I think it’s to be on one of the live shows. I don’t care man, we’re rock ’n’ roll stars and you can’t argue that’s a huge audience. You have to take that opportunity.”

Not if you’re his brother, Noel, who recently turned down a judging slot and said: “I just don’t want to be on the telly every Saturday night. I would just end up saying to Louis Walsh, ‘Will you shut up.’”

Liam made the revelation at the new album playback party for Beady Eye on Thursday at London’s Soho Hotel. He also described The X Factor as “f***ing boring”.

Afterwards, he was keen to show us he still lived a hedonist’s lifestyle as he ordered £17-a-shot tequilas for us all to knock back.

But, he lamented, today’s popstars just aren’t a patch on him.

“That One Direction,” he said. “I mean, they’re not rock stars are they? Harry’s all right though. I met him the Olympics and I just said to him, ‘Keep on keeping on’. But he’s nothing like me. I’m a proper rock ’n’ roll star.” Yep, no doubting that.

We asked him if a song from the album Don’t Brother Me was a nod to Noel with the lyrics “Come on now, give peace a chance, be a man.” Liam was quick to correct us.

He said: “It’s not an olive branch. I’m not a songwriter, I just bash out the music, you can’t be reading into all these lyrics as they don’t mean anything. If I wanna say sorry to someone, I’ll pick up the phone and call them. It’s not me saying sorry to Noel.”

Wonder if he’ll be tuning in when you’re on the show?

Source: dailyrecord.co.uk

No comments