Breaking News

Noel Gallagher On Oasis' 'Be Here Now' Being 20 Years Old


Noel Gallagher has spoken to the current issue of Q about Oasis' third studio album 'Be Here Now' turning 20 years old this year.

He said "I remember going on holiday with Kate Moss, Johnny Depp and Mick Jagger and thinking 'I'll write this album.' it's insane writing a song on holiday. Producer (Owen Morris) came out and we did the demos but in hindsight Owen's as mad as I am. Then we take them back to London and Alan McGee announces that it's going to do 40 million. I'm like, 'honestly they'd better send me into space, because if I can sell 40 million albums by writing it on holiday in a pair of shorts, then I'm not of this world anymore.'

In the studio it was great and on the day it came out it was great. It was only when we got on tour that I was thinking, 'It doesn't fucking stand up.' When we did the reissue somebody said 'Why don't you do an edited version?". And I sat in a studio for a full week and the tapes didn't grab me at all. The only thing I could salvage was 'D'You Know What I Mean' But don't get me wrong I sign a shit load of those records every year". People are prepared to have stand-up rows with me in the street: 'I fucking love that album!' And I'm like, 'Mate, look, I wrote the fucking thing. I know how much effort I put into it. It wasn't that much'''.

No comments